Lawn Core Aeration Benefits
- Increase water intake
- Reduces soil compaction
- Reduces water runoff
- Brakes down thatch
- Improves root zones
- Encourages increased root density
Core Aeration and Over-Seeding for Fescue Lawns:
How our service works:
- Fescue lawns have no way to rejuvenate like Bermuda or Zyosia lawns. A thick healthy Fescue lawn is the key to a weed free lawn. This is why we recommend the Core Aeration and Over-seeding.
- Core Aeration and Over-seeding for Fescue lawns are done in early September thru October. This date span will give you the best results in rejuvenating your lawn, as Fescue lawns develop better in cooler temperatures.
- Core Aeration is a process where small cores of soil and grass are removed. This allows air, seed, water and fertilizer to get down in the root zone. This process helps break up compacted soil and thatch areas. With the cooler temperatures, it will allow the new fescue grass to mature enough to handle the heat and funguses that may develop in the summer months.
- Once seed is placed, it MUST be kept moist for germination to take place.
- Fescue lawns should be core aerated and seeded every year to keep the lawn thick, lush and green through the growing season.